On the surface, interior design might seem like an easy endeavor. After all, selecting a few decoration pieces doesn’t require much effort, does it? However, the reality is quite the opposite. Interior decorating is both an art and a science—one of the reasons you must go through formal training before you can call yourself an interior designer. At Amare Real Estate Services, we have assisted people in getting more money for their homes by performing wise interior design practices.
As the name suggests, interior decorating means decorating an interior space by adorning it with components that are aesthetically pleasing, including but not limited to furniture, wall coverings, and carpets. Generally, professional decorators do not collaborate with architects to build brand new interior spaces; rather, they are responsible for embellishing existing interior spaces.
Although the art of decorating your house is very personal—a great opportunity to show off your personal flair for textures, styles, and colors, some design principles should be adhered to ensure that the interior decorating efforts don’t go to waste. These dos and don’ts should help get you off to a good start, whether redecorating an existing room or furnishing a freshly remodeled area.
Interior Decorating – The Dos
● Learn how to use a contrasting color to mix and match.
● Instead of scattering everything, group them together.
● Add a personal touch to give your home a personality.
● Use the outdoor space as a continuation of the interior.
Interior Decorating – The Don’ts
● Don’t use the materials and textures; rather, mix them up.
● Don’t fall for decoration pieces with the wrong dimensions.
● Don’t spend your whole budget on unnecessary trends.
● Don’t let friends and family make interior choices for you.
The Final Cut
So there you have it: dos and don’ts of interior decorating. If you follow these tips, you should be able to enhance the interior décor of your home in no time. No matter what you do, never be afraid to contact the professionals for assistance or ideas. In addition, remember that there is no need to hurry and complete all the decorating in one sitting. The best spaces are those that evolve over the years.